By the grace of God the Father, the guidance of the Holy Spirit, for the glory of Jesus Christ, we the family of God at FRC in Oak Harbor, seek to be the very presence of Jesus Christ in the world.
- We believe in one God, creator of heaven and earth, who always existed in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. We believe in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death on the cross as a payment for our sins, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory as Lord of Lords and King of Kings.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit as One who lives in believers, enabling them to live a godly life.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God. God inspired the writers so that their message was His message, accurate, authoritative, authentic, and reliable.
- We believe that salvation for lost and sinful human beings is found only in our Lord Jesus Christ. This salvation comes by the renewing power of the Holy Spirit in a person’s life.
- We believe in a final resurrection at the end of time when every person will bow before God and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
FRC has been in Oak Harbor for over 100 years (established March 28, 1903). We have a rich heritage, dating back to 1894 when Dutch immigrants arrived on Whidbey Island.
While many original Dutch families are still a part of the life at FRC, our church family ranges anywhere from young military to seasoned retired folks and anyone in between!
FRC belongs to the Reformed Church in America.. The RCA is a fellowship of congregations called by God and empowered by the Holy Spirit to be the very presence of Jesus Christ in a lost and broken world so loved by God. The RCA has ministered in the United States since the early 1600s, making it one of the oldest continuous protestant denominations on the North American continent. If you’re inspired by history, knowledge, the love of learning, and heartfelt, Christ-centered worship you’ve come to the right place.